Repairing & rebuilding relationships
FAMILY EXPERIENCES TO RECONNECT
This is all about family.
Research has demonstrated that programs for struggling teens that include high levels of parental involvement have better outcomes than those who do not. We created our parental component with this research in mind.
We want to help you begin to repair and restore the family that you may have thought was lost to you. We provide families with transformative experiences that help engage the entire family in the change process.
“No words could ever describe what Elevations has meant to our family. We were inspired to recognize and accept our issues and to change those things causing us emotional pain and fracturing our relationships. Everyone took the time to explain things that we didn’t understand and made them easier to comprehend. Elevations gave us the coping tools to become a more unified family.”
-Dorene, parent of former student
Family Experiences Provided by Elevations
- New Parent Orientation– This is where you can meet the people who will be working with you along the way, ask questions of the different members on your child’s treatment team, and better understand the general goings on at Elevations RTC.
- Parent Seminars– Every quarter students and their parents work with other families and professional staff to further explore and better understand family dynamics. Through various experiential and therapeutic interventions, families often walk away from the two day seminars with a greater understanding and ability to overcome the challenges they face. Families also recognize they are not alone in these challenges.
- Visits– In coordination with your child’s treatment team, we can assist your family in coming for on-campus visits, local overnight trips, as well as home visits that will provide everyone with an opportunity to gain the most out of their time together.
- Family Therapy– Because most of our families do not live nearby, we stay in touch with weekly family therapy sessions that can include Skype sessions to talk through the difficulties you are experiencing.
- Parent Support Group– Connect weekly via zoom with other parents who understand and get it. While each family has been on their own journey, you are not alone! Parents attending our support group are in a non-judgemental and supportive group of other parents which can lead to comfort and peace. In this group, parents get suggestions, encouragement, and hope. This group is run by a therapist but is designed to be an open forum for parents to bring whatever they need for the week. Parents learn from each other. More experienced parents guild the new parents and help them avoid common mistakes. Parents don’t need to feel isolated and anxious. There is help.
- Parent Pathways – These are extended weekends that meet quarterly, for a parent focused therapy work for them. The goals of this work is to increase insight, awareness, effective coping skills, empathy, hope and connection. Each retreat is 4 days long and includes lodging, food, and recreational gear. Seeing parents do their own work is one of the best ways to validate a struggling child and increases the chances of a child being successful in the future at home. Parents attending these weekends leave with a plan of what they will do differently moving forward. Included in this is also an understanding of how change is brought about with their children and for themselves. Parents make long lasting connections with other parents and feel they have a safe place to express their own struggles.
Elevations is respected as one of the leading treatment centers for depression, anxiety, defiance, and mood disorders. We treat each individual person in program while helping the family back home as well.
Elevations can help even complex teens thanks to our holistic, integrated, and diverse clinical team and therapeutic approach.
Types of Therapy
Elevations offers a breadth and depth of therapeutic approaches in order to provide students the tools they need for successful change.
Bringing families back together through support, care, and guidance to repair and rebuild stronger bonds.
Students learn accountability, reliability, and trust thanks to consistent structure and encouragement.