Why Elevations is the Right Next Step
A majority of Elevations RTC’s students come from a wilderness program. Our kids that come from wilderness programs usually come in ready to hit the ground running. They succeed in areas from the beginning and usually progress through therapy at a faster rate. Wilderness Therapy allows your child to already be on the right track to engage in therapy in all areas.
Some benefits that residential treatment centers offer include:
- 24/7 Therapeutic Experience: RTCs offer a much more immersive experience because they’re designed to provide a thorough therapeutic intervention to teens that therapeutic boarding schools don’t offer.
- Comprehensive Therapy: RTCs often include many types of therapy in order to treat a wide range of issues in many teens. This could be anything from individual therapy to experiential therapy to family therapy.
- Superior Psychiatric/Medical Care: RTCs often have full-time psychiatrists and provide other medical professionals for other care. If you really want to help your child to overcome her challenges, a greater amount of support from therapeutic professionals is required.
- Removal of Distractions: We all live in a high-paced society, which can become cluttered and overwhelming for many teens. By removing the distractions and stressors of day-to-day life (ex. Social media), a teen is able to take time to focus on themselves and their actions.
Why Elevations RTC is worth it
Families with a child struggling with behavioral and/or emotional issues should look no further than Elevations RTC.
“It was a great nurturing environment. She really loved the staff and would go to them if she was struggling or needed help, advice, or just to talk.”
Elevations RTC is a residential treatment center for teens, ages 13 to 18, that has therapeutic boarding school aspects built into it. Our students often grapple with depression, anxiety, defiance, bullying, and issues stemming from learning disorders, emotional disorders, and other mental health problems. We help struggling teens regain their self-confidence and happiness through many aspects in our programming:
- Transferable Skills. It’s important for your child to be able to take what she learns in a program and apply it when she returns home. At Elevations, we strive to teach transferable skills that can continue to be used over a lifetime.
- Education. Unlike many RTCs, we understand that education is a major component to developing self-confidence and a successful future–that’s why it’s a huge part of our programming at Elevations. We have a normalized high school in a nurturing residential treatment center environment.
- Real World Setting. In the real world, males and females interact every day. Elevations, unlike many RTCs, has a all gender setting for our students for this reason. We seek to normalize interactions with the opposite gender within a supervised and safe environment. This helps encourage healthier and more responsible relationships with the opposite gender
- Quality Clinical/Medical Care. At Elevations, we have on-staff psychiatric and medical support to help our students. Additional medical support is provided 24/7 by our PA and A.P.R.N. We also have full-time, board-certified psychiatrists that are on-campus five days a week. This allows us to provide a higher level of therapeutic clarity for your child than other residential treatment centers and therapeutic boarding schools.
Elevations RTC is the best choice for your struggling child. Please contact us today for information about how we can help your family.